Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Planning a Library Unconference - First Hurdle

I had a nice conversation yesterday with Stephen Francoeur of Baruch College who helped organize a library camp in 2007. He highly suggested that there be no registration fees. The first thing would be to find a place for it. I thought of possibly having this at NJIT. I checked with the events coordinator here who said if outsiders come to a conference, there would have to be a charge. This would have to be paid by the attendees or the NJIT Library. In this era of bad budgets there is no way the NJIT Library could pay for this. Would people from NYC come to Newark for a conference?

I will have to ask around to see if a university would be willing to offer space for free. I am guessing that about 100 people would attend such a conference. If anyone can help out, please contact me at Bruce.Slutsky@njit.edu .

Thanks

No comments: