Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Returning from Vacation

This blog has not been very active lately.  I haven't had anything new to write about since library usage over the summer is very slow.  I promised myself that I would not look at my work e-mail while on vacation.  When I returned there were 233 new e-mails.  There was nothing earth shattering to report.  I deleted 160 out of the 233 without looking at them.

I did receive a request for a cited reference search.  We get these all the time, but it is unusual to do one over the summer.  The candidate had a very common name, so I had to do each paper in both Scopus and Web of Science.  Cited reference searches are pretty much routine, but very tedious and time consuming.

Today I am attending a mini-course in project management at METRO.

No comments: