Monday, December 23, 2013

Remembering Madalyn Paganetti

Today I heard about the passing of Madalyn Paganetti who was a cataloger at the NJIT Library until her retirement in 2003.  Her obituary in the Star-Ledger  stated she was 88 years old.

In all the years that I have worked at the NJIT Library, Madalyn had to be the friendliest worker.  She never had a bad word to say about anyone.  I remember she organized a lottery pool for the library employees.  We never won anything, but this helped to unify the staff.  She enjoyed her job as she worked until she was about 78 years old.  I remember her retirement luncheon at the Manor in West Orange.  She kept in touch with us for several years after her retirement.  It is a shame that the newer people in the library never had the pleasure of working with her.

My condolences to her family.

No comments: