Friday, May 2, 2014

Thanks to the ACS Division of Chemical Information for Uploading Power Points from the Recent National Meeting

Over the years I have attended several national meetings of the American Chemical Society Division of Chemical Information (CINF).  There are many costs involved with traveling to a professional meeting in another city:

  • Registration
  • Plane Fare
  • Hotel
  • Meals
  • Incidental expenses


In some years my employer was able to provide at least some funds for me to attend the meetings as it is very for me to keep up with new developments in my field.  Recently, I’ve had to pay much of the cost for meetings out of pocket.

So new technologies have come to the rescue as the division has uploaded PowerPoint presentations to the web site (http://www.acscinf.org).  Over the past few days I have reviewed many of the talks at the recent Dallas meeting that were of interest.  I spent time reading the Power Points and then finding articles that discussed the topic of the speakers.  I was especially interested in the talks about depositing chemistry research data into public databases and digital repositories.


I would like to thank CINF for sharing the information presented in Dallas so that those who could not attend can be aware of new developments.

No comments: