Friday, June 13, 2014

Our Paper Was Rejected for Publication

For over a year I have been working with a collaborator at Long Island University in writing a paper.  I have really spent a lot of work over that time in analyzing the library science literature.  We have spoken over the phone several times and have met a few times to discuss the paper.

About two months ago we submitted the paper to the Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (ASIST).  Yesterday I received an e-mail from the editors stating that the paper was rejected for publication.  They said that only 37% of the submitted papers are accepted.  We also received detail criticism of the paper.

Yesterday I started to revise the paper based on the suggestions made by the reviewers.  Since my collaborator is on vacation, I will have to wait to discuss our strategy for resubmitting it.  We have put too much work into it and will revise and submit to another journal.

If I had to apply for tenure, I would have been much more upset over this rejection.  I will just move forward by revising the paper and resubmitting it.  We all learn from our mistakes.

No comments: