Monday, July 7, 2014

Reconnecting with a Former Colleague Through a Listserv Posting

In recent years I have reconnected with old friends and colleagues, but today for the first time I reconnected with a colleague through a listserv posting.  I recently joined the College Librarians listserv and found a posting by Patricia.  As I have mentioned in this blog before, I worked at the Science and Technology Division of NYPL from 1983-1990.  Near the end of my tenure there Patricia worked in the division as an intern.

She had posted about using the Wikipedia as a teaching tool.  I referred her to one of my colleagues who teaches a class at NJIT where students expand on a stub in the Wikipedia.


Patricia worked in medical libraries for some time and now works in a New York City high school library.  She was glad that I remembered her and the nickname she used back then.

No comments: