Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Looking for an Expert on Colloids in Pharmaceuticals

Yesterday afternoon I attended a seminar given by Professor Raj Dave of the chemical engineering department who summarized his research about nanoparticles. At the end of the seminar Reg Tomkins approached me about looking for a future seminar speaker on colloids in pharmaceuticals. My first thought on doing this was to search Scifinder Scholar using the keywords colloids and pharmaceuticals. The results were somewhat vague. I asked Reg to give me a more definitive topic where I could find experts. I came up with another idea. I searched our online catalog under the subject "colloids in medicine" I found the following two books:


Title:
Colloid stability and application in pharmacy /


Title:
Colloidal nanoparticles in biotechnology /

In the front of each book there is a list of the contributing authors with their afiliations. Most of these authors were from Europe, but I did find a handful of experts that I would think are appropriate for speakers. If necessary, I will do further research on this.

No comments: