Tuesday, September 21, 2010

NJIT will keep the Desktop Version of Scifinder Scholar until June 30, 2011

About 3 weeks ago I polled NJIT users of Scifinder Scholar to see if they wanted to keep the desktop version until June 30 when Chemical Abstracts Service would discontinue it.  To be fair I did not vote to leave the choice to my users.  I was hoping that they would want to transition to the web version earlier.  Only 15 of the 300 people who registered for a Scifinder account bothered to vote.  I must assume that most used the database very infrequently or just were indifferent.  9 out of the 15 voted to keep the desktop version as soon as possible.  I am disappointed since they don't want to take advantage of the useful features that Chemical Abstracts introduced to the web version.

No comments: