Monday, October 18, 2010

Jury Duty is over!!

Some readers of this blog may be following this story.  If you want further details, please read the entry in my personal journal . I would to thank my colleagues in the NJIT Library for being their understanding during this ordeal:
  • Heather Huey
  • Haymwantee Singh
  • Davida Scharf
  • Richard Sweeney
I would like to also thank Professor Robert Barat of the Chemical Engineering Department at NJIT.  I had to change the date of an information class to his students five times.

I scheduled a meeting for the METRO Science Librarians SIG for October 15 thinking my jury service would be over long before that.  I couldn't attend a meeting that I organized.  I thank Tom Nielsen of METRO for pinch hitting for me.

I do feel that all citizens should serve on a jury to learn about the criminal justice system.  However my recent experience was extremely inconvenient to me and my colleagues at NJIT.

No comments: