Friday, October 12, 2012

What to Worry About When Planning a Professional Meeting



I just received some posters from the American Chemical Society to begin to promote the ACS on Campus event forDecember 5.  At this point it is just a preliminary announcement to keep the date open.  There are always worries when planning a professional meeting:

·         The biggest one is how many people will come.  This of course is very difficult to predict.  When I plan events for the METRO Science Librarians SIG the attendance ranged from 6 to 30.  There is always an excuse for people not coming.

·         The second worry is the weather.  December 5 is likely too early for a major snowstorm.  In any event, I expect most of the attendees will be from NJIT or Rutgers-Newark

·         One of the speakers can’t make it at the last minute.

My late Dad always told me to take things one day at a time.  I also read that in the Dale Carnegie book.  Don’t Worry Be Happy!

No comments: