Friday, January 18, 2013

I Admire My Young Enthusiastic Colleagues


Whenever I go to professional meetings I admire the enthusiasm of my younger colleagues who are new to the profession.  Most presenters are “newbies” who greatly embrace emerging technologies.  I observed that at both the recent VALE conference at Rutgers and the METRO Annual Meeting at Baruch College.  Younger librarians are “born with a chip” and did not struggle with having to use print resources to research topics.  Older professionals like me experienced many transitions from print to online resources.  It is often difficult to adjust to the newer way of researching.  Google did not exist when I was a student.  Yes, the profession has undergone change in the past and there will be more changes in the future.

No comments: