Thursday, February 26, 2015

Another Frustrating Experience in Information Literacy

For many years I have taught a one hour lecture on how to find physical and thermodynamic properties of chemical substances.  I even remember back in the 1990s taking a book truck with me holding print data compilations.  Obviously, times have changed an all the resources demonstrated are electronic.

This morning I received an e-mail from the professor stating that he had the flu and would not come in.  He did notify the class to come to the training room in the library for the lecture.  Only 7 of the 14 students enrolled in that class showed up.  What is exasperating is that the students cut a class in their major.  I guess the "substitute teacher mentality" has reared its ugly head again.  At least the students who came appeared to be attentive.

No comments: