Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Random Thoughts for April

It is near the end of April as we approach the end of the spring semester.  My major complaint is that the situation is same old same old.  We still get so few walk up reference transactions, yet I read on librarian listservs that other libraries report many questions even in the evening hours.  My theory is that NJIT students are “tech savvy” and can navigate through online databases with minimal assistance.  I am more upset that students majoring in chemistry and related disciplines rarely ask for more me.  Years ago I had regular consultations with graduate students and faculty.

This semester I taught a share of the research roadmaps which are given to freshman taking a required humanities course.  As in previous semesters most students don’t hand in their assignments on time, while some don’t even bother.  What can we do?


20 months until I retire at the end of 2017.

No comments: