Monday, August 28, 2017

Random Comments for August

It’s the end of August as we are only one week away from the beginning of the fall semester.  There were more people on campus today as the International Students Orientation was taking place.  Today I arranged for my first lecture of the new semester.  It will be in Chemical Engineering 396 where I give a general introduction to the literature of the discipline.  My feeling is that undergraduates don’t use the primary literature as they learn mostly from textbooks and laboratory manuals.

This will likely be my last semester at NJIT as my plan right now is to retire at the end of 2017.  I have worked for 41 years since I got my masters in chemistry and 25 years at the same employer.  At least I finally established a stable employment record.  Back when I first started in the 1970s, I had a checkered job history, but eventually, things worked out.


I think it’s time to transition to the world of rest and relaxation.

No comments: