Friday, February 6, 2009

Students wait until the last minute to do their assignment

Last Friday I gave my lecture on finding physical properties of chemical substances. They were given an assignment which is due today at 11:30 AM. When I was at the reference desk from 10:00 until 11:00 AM, two students approached me with questions about that assignment. One was almost finsihed since she just needed to find an answer from a print source as stated in the assignment. The other said she had missed the class and had problems find the information by using Google. I showed her my page with links to resources to find physical properties (http://library.njit.edu/researchhelpdesk/subjectguides/phys-prop.php). This page also has links to narrated and non-narrated versions of my Powerpoint presentation.

No comments: