Monday, June 29, 2009

Joined MyMetro Today

For many years through my Science Librarians SIG, I have been active in METRO, the Metropolitan New York Library Council. It is New York’s leading provider of training and support for library and information professionals at every stage of their careers. Its individual membership program, myMETRO, connects individual librarians, archivists, information professionals, students, and retirees to an array of unique networking opportunities, dynamic learning resources, and other valuable benefits. Thus I will be able to take continuing education courses at a discounted rate. With a poor budget, it is unlikely that NJIT will be able to fund my going to national meetings. Most of the cost of these meetings is for hotel and other living and travel expenses. Since I will be footing the bill, I would rather my person funds pay for the professional development not travel. Sometimes we have to make some difficult choices.

No comments: