Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Should I go to the American Chemical Society Meeting in Washington in August?

For most recent years I have attended the American Chemical Society National Meeting usually held in August. This year it is being held in Washington, but I have doubts on whether I should go. With car expenses, hotel, and meeting registration it is an expensive proposition. In the past NJIT has paid for at least part of it, but the budget will be very tight and I may have to foot the bill for everything. Since hotels in the city are so expensive, I usually stay at a hotel in Rockville, Maryland and take the METRO to the meeting. If I don't go to that meeting, I will likely go to several one day meetings in Manhattan throughout the year. I have time to think about this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Let's see...the August 16-20, 2009 meeting is 5 hours away in D.C.
http://portal.acs.org/portal/acs/corg/content?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PP_TRANSITIONMAIN&node_id=2053&use_sec=false&sec_url_var=region1&__uuid=2639b231-ee59-4cbb-8fd8-f549c5fe1303

Past events included:
March 2009 in Salt Lake City, UT
April 2008 in New Orleans
March 2007 in Chicago
March 2006 in Atlanta
August 2005 in D.C.

We think you should attend, after all, the March 21-25, 2010 will be held in S.F.
(and don't forget your camera!)