Friday, November 30, 2012

Random Thoughts of the Day

I must admit that this blog has not been very active lately.  I just haven’t had any innovative librarian thoughts recently.  I have been busy planning the ACS on Campus event which will happen next Wednesday December 5.  I am hoping for a good turnout with no technical glitches.

I started to think about the next meeting of the METROScience Librarians SIG.  I will have a roundtable discussion on how to devise a pricing model that is fair to publishers and their customers.  I am mulling over whether I should invite a publisher to hear the suggestions of librarians.  There is an excellent article in the November 12 issue of the Chemical and Engineering News

Joe Mercuri joined the reference staff at the NJIT Library this week.  Joe and I have two things in common.

  • We both worked at Schering-Plough, but not at the same time
  • We are both big fans of the New York Mets.


It is always an adjustment when starting a new job.  All of the reference librarians are helping Joe make that transition.

There are just a few more weeks left in the semester.  It is a shame that a week of classes were lost due to Hurricane Sandy.

No comments: