Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Joint Upstate Downstate Science Librarians Web Conference is postponed

Due to a major snowstorm predicted for New York City tomorrow, I chose to postpone the joint Upstate Downstate meeting of science and medical librarians. This is a big disappointment for me since I spent so much planning it over the past few months. I was going to wait until tomorrow morning to make the decision, but I was getting e-mails this afternoon from people saying they couldn't come. I will consult with the speakers and find a mutually convenient date and reschedule it.

When I last checked the Weather Channel, the prediction in NYC was 10-16 inches. The NYC school system already announced a closure for tomorrow. They usually don't make those decisions so early.

Everyone talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it.

No comments: