Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2011 VALE Meeting Preliminary Report

I have not created any entries here for almost 2 weeks.  I hope nobody thought I abandoned this blog.  Before I write a detailed analysis of the meeting, I feel that I must review my notes and look at some of the web sites described by the speakers.  For now, let me talk about the "social networking" aspects of this and other professional meetings.

A major purpose of this an other meetings is to meet colleagues face to face to discuss professional issues informally.  It was nice to encounter former NJIT librarians who have moved on to other New Jersey Universities:

David McMillan - Caldwell College
Ellen Johnston - Caldwell College
Carol Nurse - Montclair State
Ray Schwartz - William Paterson University
Josene - Union County College

I'll mention a few of the people I had spoke to today

Stevens crew:
Linda Benninghove
Scott Smith
Valerie Forrestal
Barbara Arnett

Dana Library Crew
Ann Watkins
Bobbi Tipton
Natalie Borosovets

Dave Peterson - Burlington County College

Olivia Nellums - Camden County College - check out her blog at http://librarianscommute.blogspot.com/

Maureen Gorman and Valerie Tucci - TCNJ

There were many more.

We also had a meeting of the VALE Reference Services Commitee

For more information see http://www.valenj.org/meeting/valenj-acrlnjla-cus-users-conference .  The Twitter tag for the conference was #vale2011

Check this journal in a few days for more of my reflections on the meeting.

No comments: