Monday, January 31, 2011

Random Thoughts of the Day

It's just Monday while the next winter storm is supposed to come tomorrow.  The forecast is for a wintry mix of snow, sleet freezing rain and if we're lucky some warm rain.  Anyway I had an eventful shift at the reference desk.  For the first time, I juggled two reference chats.  One was very short as the student asked for a web site with chemical structures.  I referred him to Chemspider.  The other chat was quite lengthy as the student needed TAPPI (Technical Association of the Paper and Pulp Industry) Standards.  The NJIT Library does not have them so I referred him to the organization's web site.  He was able to use the search engine to determine exactly which standards he needed.  I suggested that he try our interlibrary loan service to see if we could get them from another university.

Of course there was the expected textbook questions two weeks into the semester.

No comments: