Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Random Thoughts at the Beginning of the Spring Semester

I believe more and more that reference is dead.  I think the database publishers have created products that are easy to use, thus students do not need assistance from reference librarians. At the beginning of the semester students are not asking questions about textbooks. I guess they all know the library does not carry required textbooks. Let’s face it, reference is dead.  I am glad that I am approaching retirement.  I wish I could look for another profession, but nobody would hire me at my age.

My computer did not have internet access all day.  I had to go to the information commons a few times to respond to important e-mails.  The man from the telecommunications department figured out the problem, has to shut the internet access to the entire building after midnight.  Things should be back to normal tomorrow.

No comments: