Monday, March 8, 2010

New Jersey Transit Proposes a 25% Fare Increase

Since I take NJ Transit to work each day, I thought this topic would be more appropriate for my work related journal. The official anouncement can be found at http://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=PressReleaseTo&PRESS_RELEASE_ID=2596 . I think this is quite unfortunate based on the current economic climate. I think New Jersey should raise its gasoline tax to offset any possible fare increase. It certainly would be prohibitively expensive for me to drive to work due to the bridge tolls, but many New Jersey commuters may decide to derive to work. I have to think about taking the PATH instead of NJ Transit. The negative thing about that is that the PATH is slower and the seats are less comfortable. And so it goes.

No comments: