Thursday, October 21, 2010

10th Anniversary of METRO Science Librarians SIG

As I stated below one of my disappointments about my recently concluded jury duty ordeal was that I missed the METRO Science Librarians SIG meeting on October 15.  I never thought my jury service would last so long.  I was going to announce the 10th Anniversary of the SIG.  We've had some interesting speakers  over the years and I have met some top notch people.  I would like to thank Suzanne Fedunok of NYU who has since retired from letting me use the Bobst Library for the planning meeting in 2000.  I also thank Claudia Lascar of CCNY who gave the idea of affilliating with METRO.  I also thank the current and past staff members of METRO who have been just wonderful in their support of the SIG:
  • Dottie Hiebing
  • Jason Kucsma
  • Tom Nielsen
  • Joan Napolitano
  • Linda Braun
  • Susan Salomone
I thank anybody who came to meetings either once or regularly over these 10 years.  I am aware that some of the regulars relocated to other parts of the country for new positions.  I certainly plan to keep the SIG going.

No comments: