Monday, October 11, 2010

Back at Work for 3 days

The latest on the jury duty is that we won't have to return until Thursday since the court in closed on Columbus Day and the judge has other tasks to do on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was able to answer most of my e-mail queries at home.  From 10 until 11:30 I gave my class to environmental engineering students.  Since the professor was in the room while I lectured, they were attentive.  Here are some of the topics assigned:

1. Green and sustainable technologies for construction materials
2. Green and sustainable technologies for pavement operations
3. Carbon Footprints of Transportation Vehicles; alternative manufacturing and fuels
4. Carbon Footprints of Construction Materials; alternatives
5. Nanoparticles in Personal Care Products; Types, characteristics, problems
6. Recycling of Wastewater
7. Superfund program; current status
8. Bottled Water vs. Tap Water; comparing regulatory requirements and quality

I demonstrated Scopus and Environment Complete, an Ebscohost database.

I also performed a cited reference search for a professor who is applying for tenure.

No comments: