Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer Research Experience for Teachers at NJIT

For the first time in almost 19 years at NJIT I taught to a group of teacher in the Summer Research Experience for Teachers Program.  Teachers from high schools teaching science, technology, and pre-engineering are part of a research group engaged in studies of pharmaceutical particulate and composite systems.

I gave the standard lecture that I give to chemistry and chemical engineering students.  I gave it quickly since I wanted the teachers to get some hands on experience searching NJIT databases such as Scopus and Scifinder Scholar.  I was pleased to see these teachers interested in what I presented to them.  They will be at NJIT for about 6 weeks and hopefully they will use the information seeking skills that I taught them.

No comments: