Thursday, August 26, 2010

Finding my High School Chemistry Textbook

In January I reported in this blog how an alumnus was interested in finding his college chemistry textbook that he used in the 195os at the Newark College of Engineering (forerunner to NJIT). Using a little detective work, I was able to find it for him in the stacks. Some weeks ago we received a shipment of several boxes of books donated by a retired professor of Biomedical Engineering. We catalog books that are appropriate and give to students duplicates or outdated materials. In one of the boxes I found:

Pimentel, George C, and Aubrey L. McClellan. Chemistry: An Experimental Science. San Francisco: W.H. Freeman, 1963
It turns out that I used that book all those years ago as a sophomore at Forest Hills High School. I guess I should keep it as a "souvenir". :)

No comments: