Friday, February 18, 2011

I Appreciate Donations to the NJIT Library

Over the past two days I have received two donations of books to the NJIT Library. Two people from the vicinity have gone through their basements and brought to my attention a few hundred technical books. I appreciate the fact that people do not want to discard publication they have held for years. They want students and faculty to have access to them.

Most of the donations we receive are placed on shelves outside the library for students to take for their personal use. Whenever I receive a donation I examine each item and check the catalog to see if we hold it. If we don’t, I check the date of publication. We don’t input dated materials into our collection. However students usually take older textbooks for their personal use.

I thank all of those who donated books to the NJIT Library.

No comments: