Friday, May 31, 2013

Time for a Staycation

Everyone including me needs time away from their job.  I have 20 vacation and 3 personal days that I must take each year, so I usually take most of them during the summer when library business is slow.  I usually take time off in late May after the Chemistry Olympics, but this year we were told we had to work on the inventory project.  So I will be taking off the first week in June this year just to stay at home and home and take it easy.  I guess we can call this “staycation”.

I will not look at my work e-mail during this time.  Actually my e-mail account will be transitioned from Outlook to Webmail by Google when I am out.  NJIT is doing this to standardized all e-mail accounts of students, faculty and staff.  Webmail by Google has a capacity of 25 GB while the Outlook system can only handle 1 GB per account.  There will obviously be a learning curve while transitioning to the new system.


No comments: