Monday, March 23, 2009

Kudos to Chemical Abstracts Service

This is very unlike me, but at the last minute I remembered that I was scheduled to give a talk to chemical engineering graduate students on the new version of Scifinder Scholar. At 11:30 AM I phone Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) to ask for temporary training passwords. I spoke to a Ms. Evans who promptly took care of this matter. Within an hour I received the temporary passwords. I gave the lecture at 2:45. I spoke briefly about the history of CAS and how the print version evolved into the web version of Scifinder over a period of years. I demonstrated some searches using my account and showed how students should open their accounts. At the end I passed out the temporary passwords so students could do their own searches. Alls well that ends well.

No comments: