Thursday, March 12, 2009

Meeting with a consultant "on the fly"

Last October a meeting that I had with a consultant to the new pharmaceutical chemistry department was panned weeks in advance. This afternoon, I walked through the halls of Tiernan Hall hoping to drum up some business for my reference services. At times I encounter students and faculty who need my help when I just pass by. I was near the Chemical Engineering Departmental office when two professors called me in. They were meeting with Professor Antonio Moreira of UMBC, a consultant to the new program in bioprocess engineering. They wanted me to talk to him about the library services. We walked over to the library where I described the book and journal collections in areas related to his specialty. Everything seemed to work out even though this was an impromptu meeting.

No comments: