Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Chemical Abstract Service Gets An A++ for Customer Service

I hope Bob Massie is reading this.

Chemical Abstracts Service was concerned when I reported that a majority of the users of Scifinder Scholar at NJIT preferred the old client version of Scifinder Scholar. I had a conversation today with Brooke Hummel Fred Winer, and Kurt Zielenbach about the vague complaints that I received about the web version. I also had Professor Sergiu Goren speak to them. He is a very competent teacher and researcher who first reported to me his preference for the client version.

It is nice to know that they are willing to listen to their customers. I know that CAS is trying very hard to keep all its customers satisfied. I have been in the library field for about 30 years and know that its impossible to keep all the people happy all of the time although we try. I guess this is the situation in any service orientated profession.

No comments: