Thursday, April 2, 2009

Evaluating Information Literacy Skills - Environmental Engineering

Last December I wrote a detailed journal entry describing portfolio analysis for evaluating information literacy skills in the humanities. This semester I was able to extend this portfolio analysis to the civil and environmental engineering curriculum. In February I gave classes to two environmental engineering classes that was also described in this journal. I am pleased to report that the professors in this class are allowing the portfolio analysis to count as 10% of the grade of the paper for this course. It will be helpful for me to see if my lecture on how to find information was effective. If it was not, I'll have to give serious thought on how to improve my instruction in the future.

No comments: