Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Chemical/Pharmaceutical Engineering Orientations

Pharmaceutical Engineering is a program within the Chemical Engineering Department at NJIT. This morning I spoke for about 15 minutes at their orientation. I spoke introduced them to the published resources that are available for their program at NJIT. Students coming to a new school must really be overwhelmed coming to a different environment. The transition is especially difficult for international students who must adapt to a new culture. At this point learning how to use library resources in not paramount to them. I also state that my door is always open to them, if they need assistance in the future after they are acclimated to their new surroundings.

In the early afternoon I spoke to the general chemical engineering graduate students. I did mention that I will be speaking to them next week in CHE 794, so similarly my remarks were brief.

No comments: