Thursday, October 1, 2009

2 unrelated thoughts of the day - Twitter and Handshake

Twitter was the major topic of the last two library meetings that I have attended. My question concerns the cost/benefit analysis of using Twitter. There is no financial cost to a person or organization who uses Twitter, but time is money. It seems that some people use an extensive amount of time just tweeting away. Has the use of Tweeter improved library service? Can this be justified to management? How many hours a week do librarian tweeters spend doing their thing?

The NJIT Library including myself is involved in the Research Roadmaps. There was one student in this morning's class who seemed especially interested and asked several questions during my lecture. At the end of the lecture he thanked me and shook my hand. I've received some handshakes after long reference transactions, but not after a class.

No comments: