Friday, September 19, 2008

Photoluminescence spectra of Germanium

I have been helping a graduate student research this topic for over a week now. I must admire his persistency in trying to find a very specific aspect of this topic. I showed him how to develop search strategies in Scifinder Scholar, Scopus, and INSPEC. He is very thorough in looking at abstracts and obtaining the papers that he believes have relevant information. A little while ago he showed me a paper that discussed the spectra of p-type germanium. He explained to me that he needed the same information for the p-type.

2 comments:

Heather said...

He showed me he was looking for the a-type. I agree, I admire his persistency. He could almost be a LIS student doing an assignment if he wrote a paper on all the resources he tried!

Bruce S said...

He is really looking for a needle in a hay stack.