Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Teaching my class on how to find physical properties of chemical substances

I must have taught my class on how to find physical properties of chemical substances since the first year I was at NJIT in 1992. A narrated version of my Powerpoint could be found linked at http://library.njit.edu/researchhelpdesk/subjectguides/phys-prop.php . That page lists resources that I show students where they can find the physical property data that they need. There was a technological glitch today, the library's laptop could not connect with the Internet outside of NJIT. I was able to navigate through the NJIT library pages, but I could not go outside on the Internet. Fortunately, one of the students lent me his laptop so that I could demonstrate some sites. For years I have shown Chemfinder as a source of data, but its publisher has greatly restricting the amount of data available free on the web. I gave the students an assignment due next week.

No comments: